Ultimate Skinny Trifle | Slimming World Recipe | FatGirlSkinny.net
This ultimate tangy Skinny trifle will hit all the right buttons for any of you with a sweet tooth. This dessert would make a brilliant impact at a family dinner or a healthy alternative at a kids party… go on impress all of your family and friends! Wait until you tell them it is Slimming World friendly!
I have been craving a proper trifle for ages BUT keeping it low in Syn is not an easy task. I decided I either had to give up the custard or the sponge.. so I went for replacing the sponge with loads of Syn free speedy strawberries. (How good am I?) I was actually very surprised at how in syns the squirty cream is too..
Do you call it Squirty Cream? I spent ages trying to find this on Tesco online shop.. as they have called it Spray cream? What is that all about? lol!
I have received lots of lovely comments since going live with this recipe about some other alternatives like Quark instead of cream and Mullerlights instead of custard 🙂 Yes there are some lower Syn less authentic ingredients to be used if you want to lower the syns. But i wanted REAL trifle 🙂 I wasn’t trying to create the lowest Synned trifle available. I was creating a special dessert without breaking the Syn bank 🙂 They give us Syns for a reason so let’s use them on something that actually tastes good.
Okay I know the first thing you want to know! How do I get my jelly at a sloping angle? I have no idea why I needed to do it like this but I like things to look pretty or different.
Basically make your jelly up as normal and then place your trifle glasses or whatever you use into a cup at an angle (see below). This will set the jelly at whatever angle you leave it at. Clever huh?
The second thing I know you are interested to find out… which squirty (spray) cream am I using and how many Syns is it? I use the Tesco lighter squirty cream which is worth 1.5 Syns for every 12.5g serving. I do however believe that Aldi, Lidl, Sainsburys and Asda do sell very similar products 🙂
I have made the trifle with raspberries and raspberry jelly but this can easily be substituted with strawberries. You are welcome to use frozen fruit and remember the jelly needs at least 2 hours to set with the fruit included so prep before hand.
- 1 Sachet 23g Hartleys Sugar Free Raspberry or Strawberry Jelly (You only need half of the made up jelly so feel free to make more trifles or other jelly pots)
- 60g Ambrosia Light Devon Custard
- Handful of Raspberries or Strawberries (Fresh or frozen)
- 25g Tesco Light Squirty/Spray Cream
- A trifle dish/mason jar or just any old glass
- Make up the jelly as per the instructions. Place fruit in bottle of the jar and pour over half of the jelly.
- Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours. If you are using frozen fruit allow 3 hours.
- Once set add the custard.
- Cover with more delicious raspberries.
- Place into the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Before eating pop the jar on the scales and spray the cream to 25g. Devour straight away.