Crispy Coated Chicken Strips | Slimming World Recipe | FatGirlSkinny.net
Delicious potato chip crisps create the perfect crunchy salty low syn coating for chicken strips. Loved by all the family and really easy to create.
I am constantly on the look out for new ways to coat my chicken without breaking the Syn allowance. I saw a similar recipe to this on a cooking programme last week so I thought I would try to create something Slimming World friendly and I think I have come up with the perfect recipe with a bit of crunch.
The best thing about this recipe is that the chicken stays nice and juicy inside whilst the crisps create a delicious salty crispy coating. We used just 1 bag of Walkers baked crisps which are 5.5 Syns making this recipe officially 2.75 Syns per serving but lets call it 2.5!!
I have used chicken breast for this recipe but it would also work with chicken thighs. You may just need to adjust the cooking time by a few minutes less. Also I have used the Ready salted Walkers crisps but fill ya boots and change it up.. I think this would be very interesting with Salt and Vinegar too 🙂
SYNS: 2.5 Per Serving
2 Small Chicken Breasts
1 x 25g Bag Walkers Baked Crisps
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Granules
A pinch Of Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
Pinch Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c/200c Fan/Gas mark 6.
- Slice chicken breasts into 6 strips.
- Place crisps into a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add Paprika, Garlic, Onion Powder, Mustard Powder and Black Pepper into the bag and shake well.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and beat with a whisk.
- Spritz a baking tray with Frylight to avoid the chicken sticking.
- Pour crisp mixture on to a flat plate.
- Coat first strip of chicken in egg, roll in the crisp mixture ensuring it is fully coated and then place on the baking tray.
- Repeat with each chicken strip.
- Spray all of the chicken with Frylight and then place into the oven for 18 – 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Serve with delicious Syn free chips or a speedy salad.