Craving Chocolate? Try These 3 Guilt-Free Recipes!
Reviewed By: Lisa Donaldson, APD, M.Nutr&Diet, B.Edu
Well, what can I say – dessert is a fan-bloody-tastic treat that soooo many of us crave. It’s is a slice of heaven on earth, a happy food that lightens your mood, fixes heartache, soothes the soul… I could go on and on! So, if you’re always saving room for dessert, but never committing for fear of a calorie overload, I’m here to put you at ease! It IS possible to indulge completely guilt-free, and these decadent 12WBT chocolate dessert recipes are just the ticket!
2 Serves – 179 Cal / serve – 25 min prep – 15 min cooking
- 1g olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (6g)
- 20g fresh dates, chopped
- 3 teaspoons margarine (15g)
- 15g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cage-free egg (59g), lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon plain flour (3g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray two 1/3 cup capacity shallow ramekins with oil. Use half the cocoa powder to dust insides of the ramekins. Shake out any excess.
- Combine dates and 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Add margarine and chocolate. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir until chocolate and margarine have melted. Cool slightly.
- Stir in egg, mixing well. Stir in combined sifted flour and remaining cocoa. Stir until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins, and place into a small baking dish. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The mixture should be just cooked on top but still feel a little squidgy in the centre. Remove from the dish and stand for 2 minutes. Serve dusted with a tiny amount of cocoa if you like.
Mini Chocolate Fudge Cake
Serves 10 – 169Cal / Serve – 10 min prep – 15 min cooking
- 1/2 cup self-raising wholemeal flour (70g)
- 1/4 cup plain flour (40g)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (35g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (80g)
- 1 x 140g tub apple puree (140g)
- 130g low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 x cage-free eggs (118g)
- 10 small scoops low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 250g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 150 C (fan-forced). Spray 10 × 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl, returning any husks from the sieve to bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Whisk the apple puree, yoghurt and eggs in a bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cakes comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes before using a small knife to loosen the cakes and place on serving plates.
- Dust each cake with cocoa and serve with a scoop of ice-cream and raspberries.
Famous Fudge Bites
Serves 21 – 80Cal / Serve – 10 min prep – 60 min refrigerating
- 1 Cup Walnuts (127g)
- 1 1/4 Cup Fresh Dates (235g)
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder (45g)
- Put dates, walnuts & cacao into a food processor and blend until finely ground. The mixture should resemble cake crumbs but when pressed will easily stick together.
- Firmly press into 21 single ice cube molds and place into the fridge until ready to eat.
Blogs you might also like:
5 Decadent Desserts Under 300 Calories
How To Enjoy Dessert The Healthy Way
Free Recipe: Crustless Blueberry Cheesecake